Our History: Friends of Reagan Park
- In early 2007, the City Council of San Bernardino, CA voted to honor President Ronald Reagan by naming a park after him. The 4 acre park is located on the south side of Irvington Avenue between Chestnut Avenue and Magnolia in San Bernardino, CA. This section of the city is known as North Verdemont. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ronald+Regan+Parkemail@example.com,-117.3642509,202m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c34e2a167f3bbd:0x9b0bd280d653d6d0!8m2!3d34.197357!4d-117.362952?hl=en
- Shortly after, a group of citizens met to form a non-profit, nonpolitical group to help the city build and maintain the park to provide a proper tribute to President Reagan. This group is known as Friends of Reagan Park (FORP), a nonprofit FEIN # 26-0381283 a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
- FORP raised funds to purchase and donate a 4’ by 12’ section of the Berlin Wall, which is the cornerstone for this park, because as history tells us, Ronald Reagan was instrumental in working with Mr. Gorbachev to “Tear down this Wall”. https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/reagan-challenges-gorbachev
- FORP has had many fundraising events over the past 10 years, with our most recent efforts involving the North Verdemont Farmers Market. The Market is currently on hiatus pending approval to move to new location. Stay tuned, updates to come.
- We are always looking for support; you can become a member of FORP, donate your time or money, help with fundraisers, and help the spread the word about FORP and our efforts. Contact us by mail, Facebook, or visit us at the Market – there are many ways you can help! More info and details on support opportunities coming soon.
Meet the Chairman of Friends of Reagan Park
Robert Rego, Chairman
Please check our site often for updates and events notifications.